Play slots with the highest jackpots
Progressive JackpotsProgressive jackpots have always been the most exciting part of a casino. The jackpot increases every time someone plays the game, so the prize keeps growing until someone wins it. Jackpot machines are the highlight of land-based casinos. The biggest, loudest slots with the biggest jackpots usually have a central location on the casino floor, so if someone wins it, people get attracted to them immediately and start throwing in their quarters in hopes of winning millions. And sometimes it happens, a 25-year-old software engineer from Los Angeles walked into the Excalibur Hotel and Casino in the Las Vegas Strip and walked out with a $39,713,982.25 jackpot he won on the Megabucks slot machine. According to him, he played on the machine for about $100 before the winning spin. Talking about beginners’ luck… This might sound impossible, but in the world of online slots, there are dozens of jackpot games, and your chances of winning it aren’t as low as you think.
Online casino jackpotsNowadays, online casinos allow all players to join and making it easy for them to deposit their bank cards, e-wallet payments or even Bitcoin. Not too long ago, the people who won big in online casinos were the ones who also spent big. But casinos opened their doors to levels of players, from the ones who just want to spend a few dollars and try out casino games to the high-rollers who spend thousands. Thanks to this, the progressive jackpot payout amounts have increased to unprecedented levels, and now it’s a prize everyone has a chance to win. Players jumping from site to site to play the latest games or take advantage of new offers helped grow progressive jackpots.The biggest games, like Mega Moolah or Mega Fortune, are being played every minute, bringing the jackpot even higher. Non-progressive jackpots, where there is a fixed jackpot-amount regardless of how many times the game was played, can be won more often. Some casinos also guarantee daily or hourly jackpot drops, so you have more chances than ever to win big while keeping your stakes low. Non-Progressive jackpot slots are a smaller investment for casinos than progressive jackpots, so they can afford to pay out more often. A slot’s payout frequency is calculated as an RTP ratio, the Return To Player ratio. It shows how often a slot pays out when someone plays the slot. Usually, non-progressive jackpot slots have a higher RTP ratio than progressive jackpots, but the payout and the excitement are higher when playing progressive jackpots.
Mobile casino jackpotsYou can reach the biggest jackpot titles on your mobile, and you can also find games in mobile casinos where prizes are dropping every day. A few years back, casinos had different jackpots on mobile, and you could win nice sums that lucky person who won $11,610,536.59 million the Mega Moolah mobile slot by betting $1.50 on an iPad. Fortunately, now you can also play for the mega jackpots while on the move.
It doesn’t matter if you are in the casino or at home, progressive jackpots can drop anywhere
What was the biggest online jackpot win?The world record jackpot amount in 2013 was on MegaFortune by Netent, and the player won €17,861,800, which is approximately $20,262,854.60. The player only wagered a mere $25 cent equivalent and made a staggering 7,000,000,000% profit. This record was broken by Mega Moolah both in 2018 and 2019 with €18,915,872 (appr. $21 million) and $20,057,734. The $21 million prizes from September 2018 hold the Guinness World Record for the biggest online jackpot.
How to win progressive jackpots?Progressive jackpot slots have a base game, and they usually have a minimum stake to unlock access to the progressive jackpots. You can adjust bet limits as you play, and you can try to focus on winning the progressive jackpots. Some of these games have Minimum, Medium and Grand Jackpots, so you can walk away with a smaller but still substantial win. Each jackpot will be triggered by different wagerings, and to play for the top prize, you might need to stake the maximum wager. You can always check for these terms and conditions when starting to play a new game. As mentioned earlier, Mega Fortune and Mega Moolah are still the two biggest favourites for players who love playing progressing jackpots, since these two tend to have the biggest prize pools at any given time.
SummaryProgressive jackpots are slowly becoming the new Lottery – you can win big by investing small. These jackpots are also why online casinos are growing in popularity; who doesn’t dream about winning millions and sailing off into the sunset? You can win life-changing amounts for as little as 25 cents, so it definitely worth a try. Some progressive slots only go up to a couple of hundred thousand, and they are much easier to win than the ones in the tens of millions, so if you have the patience, you could give a try to the less celebrated games as well. Next time you feel lucky, try progressive jackpot slots instead of buying a scratch card or a lottery ticket! Who knows… you might get lucky!
Best Progressive Jackpot GamesAll progressive jackpot games are attractive because they give players the chance to win a life-changing sum of money with a simple spin of the reels. However, some games are better than others, and knowing which ones stand head and shoulders above the rest will help you to focus on the cream of the crop. That’s why we will now highlight five of the best progressive jackpot games currently available. Take them all for a spin or two, and if Lady Luck is on your side, you just might win big!
- Mega Moolah Mega Moolah is the biggest and best progressive jackpot game in the world. Launched by Microgaming in 2006, this game never has a top prize of less than $1 million, and it is often far bigger. It also boasts three smaller progressive jackpots apart from the Mega, so it’s perfectly capable of making your day even if you don’t hit the biggest prize of all. Mega Moolah created the first mobile slot millionaire in 2013, and in 2015 it got itself a place in the Guinness World Records for the ‘Largest jackpot payout in an online slot machine game.’ That record-setting win was worth €17,880,900. Mega Moolah has created more than 13,000 winners of seven- or eight-figure jackpots since its launch, and just this year, another player in Sweden won €14,239,532 by playing the game. Available in a variety of themes, each of which offers an enjoyable and immersive gaming experience, Mega Moolah is a must-play progressive.
- Mega Fortune NetEnt released Mega Fortune in 2009, and it is one of the company’s best-known progressive jackpot games. This five-reel slot is packed with symbols of material wealth and success, including a limousine, designer watch, wads of banknotes, a luxury yacht and more. This game has three progressive jackpots, known as the Rapid, the Major and the Mega, with the latter-named being the biggest of them all. And if you think that you need to spend a lot of money on progressives in order to land a big win, think again. Just last year, a 65-year-old player turned a stake of only €4 into a progressive jackpot win worth €4,333,667, and there are plenty more Mega Fortune success stories where that came from!
- Megajackpots MegaJackpots was launched in land-based casinos by IGT in 1986 and operates as a networked progressive that can be triggered by a number of games in any participating venue. One of the most famous online MegaJackpots games is Cleopatra, but you might also have seen MegaJackpots Cluedo, MegaJackpots Wolf Run and MegaJackpots Monopoly, to name just three. The variety of themes available in the MegaJackpots series makes it the biggest online competitor to Mega Moolah. It’s also more than capable of making you richer than many lottery winners, with a whopping $5.7 billion having been won to date.
- Major Millions Major Millions is another Microgaming progressive slot, and this one has a seed value of $250,000. That’s lower than Mega Moolah, but it’s still a very sizable sum, and the average jackpot win is around three times bigger. The largest Major Millions win was worth $2.8 million, and the top prize seems to be hit – on average – every seven weeks or so. The game itself comes in two formats. One has 3 reels and 3 pay lines, while the other has 5 reels and 15 pay lines. The latter version is the more famous and features a military Major who likes collecting wins as much as medals.
- Hall of Gods Hall of Gods from NetEnt is our final title to take a look at. Released in 2013, it has a Norse mythology theme, so if you fancy spending time with the likes of Thor, Odin, Loki and Freya, this is the place to be. Boasting great cartoon-style graphics and a thundering soundtrack, Hall of Gods has three jackpots. The biggest of these – and the one that can change your life most dramatically – is the Mega. The largest jackpot that has been won so far from this game weighed in at a mouth-watering €7,820,888.